The Hot Choc-Late SoldiersThe Hot Choc-Late Soldiers (1934) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 30 times this month, and 3193 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- Walt Disney Pictures
- Distributed by: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures
- Cartoon Characters: Mickey Mouse, Hot Chocolate Soldiers, Pastry Soldiers.
- Live-Action Characters: Jimmy Durante, Partygoers.
- Voice Actors: Walt Disney.
Live-Action Cast: Jimmy Durante.
- Directed By Richard Boleslawski, Allan Dwan, Edmund Goulding, Russell Mack, Charles Reisner; more Directors ...
- Produced By Walt Disney.
- Written By Howard Dietz, Arthur Kober.
- Music: Nacio Herb Brown, Arthur Freed.
- Originally Released on May 24, 1934.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:00 minutes.
- Black & White, Color
A short bit of animation used in the feature "Hollywood Party." The soldiers from the Pastry Village must defend the town against the attacking Chocolate Soldiers. The Chocolate Soldiers eventually win, using a candy version of a Trojan Horse. Victorious, the... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The bit with Jimmy Durante (and the rest of the feature film) is in black and white, but the cartoon interlude of the Hot Chocolate Soldiers is in full color. The lead-in to the cartoon takes place when a party guest screams that a mouse is loose at... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Hot Choc-Late Soldiers" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Hot Choc-Late Soldiers? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!