The Greatest Man In SiamThe Greatest Man In Siam (1944) - Swing Symphony Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 1104 times this month, and 2940 times total.
- Swing Symphony Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Walter Lantz Productions
- Distributed by: Universal Pictures
- Cartoon Characters: Sultan, Sultan's Daughter, Jazz Trumpet Player.
- Directed By Shamus Culhane.
- Produced By Walter Lantz.
- Animated By Pat Mathews, Emery Hawkins, Grim Natwick.
- Written By Ben Hardaway, Milt Schaffer.
- Music: Darrell Calker.
- Originally Released on March 27, 1944.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7 minutes.
- Production Number: D-3.
The Sultan offers his beautiful daughter as wife to the "Greatest Man in Siam." (A sign reads, "King's Daughter Contest/Also Bowling at 1:10 p.m./Lockheed vs. Kaiser Welders".) A number of contestants vie for her, but the winner is a jazz trumpet player who is... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The title song was originally known as "Siam," and was composed by Del Porter for his Feather Merchants Band- a six-piece group managed by Spike Jones before it gradually evolved into the City Slickers.
Sorry, we do not have a video of The Greatest Man In Siam. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Greatest Man In Siam? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!