Overture To William TellOverture To William Tell (1947) - Musical Miniatures Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 691 times this month, and 3121 times total.
- Musical Miniatures Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Walter Lantz Productions
- Distributed by: Universal Pictures
- Cartoon Characters: Wally Walrus, Special-Effects Man, Horsefly.
- Directed By Dick Lundy.
- Produced By Walter Lantz.
- Animated By Laverne Harding, Stanley C. Onatis.
- Written By Ben Hardaway, Milt Schaffer.
- Music: Gioacchino Rossini.
- Originally Released on June 28, 1947.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Production Number: F-11
No concert season would be complete without the well-known "Overture to William Tell" as conducted by Sir Wally Walrus. The performance is noteworthy for its novel detours from accepted musical techniques. The tendency of the orchestra to fall asleep is overcome... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Sir Wally Walrus bears a slight resemblance (in physical appearance and mannerisms) to famed British conductor Sir Thomas Beecham.
Sorry, we do not have a video of Overture To William Tell. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Overture To William Tell? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!