25 Ways To Quit Smoking25 Ways To Quit Smoking (1989) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 539 times this month, and 2490 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Bill Plympton Studios
- Distributed by: E.D. Distribution
- Directed By Bill Plympton.
- Produced By Bill Plympton.
- Animated By Bill Plympton.
- Written By Bill Plympton.
- Awards: Prix du Public, Annecy Film Festival, Second Prize, Los Angeles Animation Celebration; more Awards ...
- Music: Maureen McElheron.
- Editor: Stephen Barr.
- Originally Released in 1989 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 5 minutes.
The perilous road to kicking the habit is explored in vignettes that include various professionals and contraptions. A few of the demonstrated smoking "cures": wear a heat-seeking missile hat, hire a sumo wrestler to jump on your head, and use a flame-thrower as... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This crazy short was inspired by a book proposal of director Bill Plympton's entitled "101 Ways to Quit Smoking." Although the book never sold, this film has gone on to be his biggest money-maker. Plympton claims that his mother, who smoked for 40... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of 25 Ways To Quit Smoking. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about 25 Ways To Quit Smoking? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!