Sweet SiouxSweet Sioux (1937) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 19 times this month, and 2783 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- A Vitaphone Production
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Trader Drum, Indian Scout, Chief Rain in The Face, Other Indians.
- Directed By Isadore Freleng.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Robert McKimson, A. C. Gamer.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on July 03, 1937. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Production Number: 7922.
Trader Drum wanders into Indian territory with his wagon of goods. An Indian scout sees him and sends an Eastern Union telegram to Chief Rain in The Face, who lights up his peace pipe and sends smoke signals to the other Indians. Indians do a war dance and attack... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Martha Raye is caricatured (as a loud-mouthed squaw). In September of 1943, beginning with A Feud There Was, Warner Bros. began re-releasing select color cartoons in their Blue Ribbon program. Typically the... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Sweet Sioux" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Sweet Sioux? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!