It's The Natural Thing To DoIt's The Natural Thing To Do (1939) - Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 983 times this month, and 2444 times total.
- Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Popeye, Olive Oyl, Bluto.
- Voice Actors: Jack Mercer, Pinto Colvig, Margie Hines.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer.
- Produced By Max Fleischer, Adolph Zukor.
- Animated By Thomas Johnson, Lod Rossner.
- Originally Released on July 30, 1939.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6:44 minutes.
- Production Number: FL3915
- Black & White
By the sixth year of the Popeye cartoons, they were becoming familiar in character, so a self-parody of the Popeye vs. Bluto rivalry is employed here. Popeye and Bluto receive a telegram from the Popeye Fan Club asking them to cut out the rough stuff and act more... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The opening titles are superimposed over the action. This cartoon used a redesigned "non-shipboard" series title card. This special title card was used for four shorts, then the regular shipboard title card was resumed thereafter. The original black... (more)
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about It's The Natural Thing To Do? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!