Popeye The SailorPopeye The Sailor (1933) - Betty Boop Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 1067 times this month, and 5991 times total.
- Betty Boop Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Popeye, Betty Boop, Bluto, Olive Oyl.
- Voice Actors: Bonnie Poe, Gus Wickie, William Sam Costello.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer.
- Produced By Max Fleischer, Adolph Zukor.
- Animated By Willard Bowsky, George Germanetti, Orestes Calpini, Seymour Kneitel, Roland Crandall.
- Music: Sammy Timberg, Tot Seymour, Vee Lawnhurst, Sammy Lerner.
- Originally Released on July 14, 1933.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:37 minutes.
- Production Number: MPAA: 1503
- Black & White
A Betty Boop cartoon- Betty introduces the world to that spinach-eating sailor. Popeye and Olive go to a carnival, where Popeye competes with Bluto in the games of skill and chance. Popeye wins, and dances a hula with Betty Boop onstage to celebrate. Bluto... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
First cartoon appearance of Popeye The Sailor, a character in Elzie Segar's "Thimble Theatre" comic strip. His cartoons would eventually account for most of the Fleischers' cartoon production. It has been said that Roland (Doc) Crandall animated... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Popeye The Sailor" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Popeye The Sailor? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!