Leave Well Enough AloneLeave Well Enough Alone (1939) - Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 600 times this month, and 2991 times total.
- Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Popeye, Olive Oyl, Dogs, Parrot, Dog Catcher.
- Voice Actors: Jack Mercer, Margie Hines, William Penell.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer.
- Produced By Max Fleischer, Adolph Zukor.
- Animated By Seymour Kneitel, Abner Matthews.
- Music: Sammy Timberg, Dave Fleischer.
- Originally Released on April 28, 1939.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 5:54 minutes.
- Production Number: MPAA: # 02111
- Black & White
After seeing all the caged up animals in Olive's Pet Shop, Popeye feels sorry for them, buys all of them, and sets them free. All the animals leave except for a talking parrot (voiced by Jack Mercer) that says he likes the safety and security of the pet shop and... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This short did not contain a version of Popeye's famous spinach-eating sequence. The original black and white cartoon has been colorized.
Watch Cartoon Video:
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Leave Well Enough Alone? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!