The Cagey CanaryThe Cagey Canary (1941) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 623 times this month, and 3409 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Leon Schlesinger Studios
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Canary, Cat, Old Lady.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc, Elvia Allman.
- Directed By Tex Avery, Robert Clampett.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Robert McKimson, Charles McKimson, Virgil Ross, Rod Scribner.
- Written By Melvin Millar.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on November 22, 1941. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 8:15 minutes.
- Production Number: 225.
A cat tries various ways to get the bird, but the bird whistles for Granny every time. Granny threatens to throw the cat out in the rain if he keeps it up.
Cartoon Production Information:
One of two features left unfinished by Tex Avery when he abruptly left the studio. Robert Clampett finished both shorts, although neither is credited. (See Crazy Cruise) In September of 1943, beginning with... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Cagey Canary" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Cagey Canary? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!