My Gal SalMy Gal Sal (1930) - Screen Songs Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 11 times this month, and 664 times total.
- Screen Songs Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Fleischer Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Chubby Dog, Sal, Animals.
- Directed By Dave Fleischer.
- Produced By Max Fleischer, Adolph Zukor.
- Animated By Willard Bowsky, Rudy Eggeman.
- Originally Released on October 18, 1930.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Production Number: FL3023
- Black & White
Panning and scanning over tenement windows, we move down to street level to find a chubby dog singing. Various animal residents throw things at him, trying to stop the singing, until he is buried. He pokes his head up, and a lump from his head becomes the... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This series of animated cartoons- sometimes including bits of live action- took popular songs of the day and combined the popular "bouncing ball" following the lyrics in an effort for audience singalongs. Max Fleischer is listed as the animator in... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of My Gal Sal. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about My Gal Sal? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!