Popeye And The PiratesPopeye And The Pirates (1947) - Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 724 times this month, and 3254 times total.
- Popeye the Sailor Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Famous Studios
- Distributed by: Paramount Studios
- Cartoon Characters: Popeye, Olive Oyl, Blutobeard, Ship Crew.
- Voice Actors: Jack Mercer, Mae Questel.
- Directed By Seymour Kneitel.
- Animated By Dave Tendlar, Martin Taras.
- Written By Jack Ward, Izzy Klein.
- Music: Winston Sharples.
- Originally Released on September 12, 1947.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:12 minutes.
- Production Number: MPAA: # 04160
While sailing out on the high seas, Popeye and Princess Olive spot a pirate ship and are taken prisoners of Blutobeard the Pirate (with a great pirate accent and his salty and very crusty crew of four) who wants to exchange Olive for a ransom. Popeye manages to... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Trivia: Features the little sailor who sings, "Good Evening Friends." This cartoon's title would be reused as an 11-minute cartoon which aired on CBS March 3, 1979 as part of Hanna-Barbera's... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Popeye And The Pirates" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Popeye And The Pirates? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!