The $1,000,000 DerbyThe $1,000,000 Derby (1961) Season 1 Episode T-4- Top Cat Cartoon Episode Guide by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 143 times this month, and 2155 times total.
- Top Cat Cartoon Episode GuideEpisode GuideTelevisionSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Hanna-Barbera Studios
- Distributed by: Columbia/Screen Gems
- Cartoon Characters: Top Cat, Spook, Benny the Ball, Choo Choo, The Brain, Spook, Fancy-Fancy, Officer Charlie Dibble, Horse, Zoo Keeper, Reporters, Zoo Keeper, Giraffe, Mayor, J.J. Flitney.
- Voice Actors: Arnold Stang, Allen Jenkins, Maurice Gosfield, Marvin Kaplan, Leo De Lyon, John Stephenson, Hal Smith, Don Messick.
- Directed By William Hanna, Joseph Barbera.
- Produced By William Hanna, Joseph Barbera, Alan Dinehart.
- Animated By Carlo Vinci, Charles Nichols.
- Written By Kin Platt, Michael Maltese, Joanna Lee, Barry Blitzer, Tony Benedict, Harvey Bullock, Ray Allen, Larry Markes, Harvey Marshall, Paul Sommer; more Writers ...
- Music: Hoyt S. Curtin.
- Editor: Warner Leighton, Greg Watson.
- First Aired on October 18, 1961.
- This series originally ran through Apr 18, 1962.
- Originally Aired on ABC-TV (USA).
- Running Time: 30 minutes.
- Episode Number: T-4
- Season: 1
Top Cat discovers that the horse Benny bought for a concession stand to photograph children on a pony runs wild when it hears a whistle (in fact, it ran up a million dollars1 worth of damage inside Macy's!). Attempting to capitalize on the horse's talents, Top... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Top Cat has the distinction of being one of the few animated series to debut in prime time. After one season, it was moved to Saturday mornings, and was met with huge success. Essentially, Hanna-Barbera took Phil Silvers' popular character from the... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The $1,000,000 Derby? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!