The Hole IdeaThe Hole Idea (1955) - Looney Tunes Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 17 times this month, and 7081 times total.
- Looney Tunes Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Warner Bros. Cartoons, Inc.
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Professor Calvin Q. Calculus, Mrs. Calculus, Thief, Devil.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc, Robert C. Bruce, Bea Benaderet.
- Directed By Robert McKimson.
- Produced By Edward Selzer.
- Animated By Robert McKimson.
- Written By Sid Marcus.
- Music: Milt Franklyn.
- Originally Released on April 16, 1955.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6:51 minutes.
- Production Number: 1330.
Mousey little Prof. Calvin Q. Calculus introduces his latest invention, the "portable hole." It changes the world, and much of the cartoon shows examples of its many uses and abuses. A criminal steals it for evil purposes. The professor's wonderful invention... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
In the newsreel sequence, all the American cities, like "Old Man, MO" or "Ballpoint, PENN," are phony- except for Denver, Colorado, which is Robert McKimson's birthplace (and, yes, there IS a "Cherry Hills Country Club" in Denver).
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Hole Idea" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Hole Idea? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!