The Merry Old SoulThe Merry Old Soul (1935) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 462 times this month, and 3869 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- A Vitaphone Production
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Old King Cole, Woman In the Shoe, Children.
- Voice Actors: Bernice Hansen, Billy Bletcher.
- Directed By Isadore Freleng.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Rollin Hamilton, Riley Thompson.
- Music: Norman Spencer.
- Originally Released on August 17, 1935. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 6:27 minutes.
- Production Number: 6925.
Blue Ribbon: 1261.
- TechniColor (Two-Strip)
This seldom-seen cartoon combines two nursery rhymes to illustrate the ill-advised marriage of Old King Cole to the Woman in the Shoe and the King's unfortunate attempts to keep her "many children"... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
In September of 1943, beginning with A Feud There Was, Warner Bros. began re-releasing select color cartoons in their Blue Ribbon program. Typically the Blue Ribbon reissues received new opening sequences with... (more)
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Merry Old Soul" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Merry Old Soul? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!