The Riddle Of The Masked Racer, Part 1
English Title: Challenge of the Masked RacerThe Riddle Of The Masked Racer, Part 1 (Challenge of the Masked Racer) (1967) Episode 3- Mach Go Go Go Anime Episode Guide by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 66 times this month, and 603 times total.
- Mach Go Go Go Anime Episode Guide
- H. Fujita Studios, Tatsunoko Productions
- Distributed by: Trans-Lux Television Corporation
- Cartoon Characters: Go Mifune, Daisuke Mifune, Aya Mifune, Kurio Mifune, Sanpei, Michi Shimura, Sabu, Masked Racer/Kenichi Mifune, Detective Rokugo.
- US Character Names: Speed Racer, Trixie, Spritle, Chim Chim, Sparky, Racer X/Rex, Pops Racer, Moms Racer.
- Originally Released in 1967.
- Running Time: 30 minutes.
At the Racer homestead, while watching TV, Pops learns that Speed has entered the race. He blows a gasket and reminisces about the loss of his oldest son, Rex, who joined a race without his permission. At the brink of victory, Rex crashed the car Pops had built. Although Rex was uninjured, Pops refused to let him drive again, citing Rex's lack of experience. Consequently, Rex vowed never to return home.
Meanwhile, the Alpha Team is holding a secret conference to plot a way to win the race. Mr. Wiley tells Mr. Fixer and Alpha Team driver Zoomer Slick to pull the dirty trick first.
Determined to beat the Masked Racer, Speed sneaks out in the middle of the night and goes to the track. Despite heavy rains he is not deterred. The Masked Racer warns him to stay out of the race. Speed answers that he wants to beat him and they race blindly into the night. Speed crashes when an unknown person cuts a rope, causing a cascade of logs to block the track. He tumbles out of his car, losing consciousness.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Riddle Of The Masked Racer, Part 1? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information