Wake Up The Gypsy In MeWake Up The Gypsy In Me (1933) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 1123 times this month, and 4195 times total.
- A Hugh Harman-Rudolf Ising Production, Vitaphone Pictures
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
- Featuring: Cossack Chieftain, Other Cossacks, Peasants, Volga Boatmen, Balalaika Player, Ricepudding the Mad Monk, Gypsy Girl, Other Gypsies.
- Originally Released on May 13, 1933.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:25 minutes.
- Black & White
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Wake Up The Gypsy In Me? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information
A rare politically themed toon. In old Russia, the happy Cossacks, peasants, Volga boatmen and Gypsies sing the title song while a happy musician strums his balalaika with a herring. Meanwhile, Ricepudding the Mad Monk (an animated version of Rasputin!) tries to... (more)