The Bear's TaleThe Bear's Tale (1940) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 12 times this month, and 2882 times total.
- Leon Schlesinger Studios
- Animated Characters: Goldilocks, Three Bears, Red Riding Hood, Wolf.
- Originally Released in 1940.
- Production Number: 9369.
- Running Time: 9:04 minutes.
Cartoon Production Information:
In September of 1943, beginning with A Feud There Was, Warner Bros. began re-releasing select color cartoons in their Blue Ribbon program. Typically the Blue Ribbon reissues received new opening sequences with Blue Ribbon title cards and standardized music. Cartoon production credits were also removed. Between ten and fifteen cartoons were released in any given year, with cartoons coming from as far back as 1935. The reissues continued until the close of the studio in the 1960's.
All Blue Ribbon cartoons were released as "Merrie Melodie" cartoons regardless of the original series. The first "Looney Tunes" short to be included in the Blue Ribbon series was The Hep Cat, which was added in 1949. The only current prints of many of these cartoons are the Blue Ribbon releases, although restoration of these cartoons with original elements and titles is always ongoing.
- "California, Here I Come", Music by Joseph Meyer
- "Rock-a-Bye Baby", Music by Effie I. Canning
- "My Old Kentucky Home, Good Night", Music by Stephen Foster
- "The Lady in Red", Music by Allie Wrubel
- "You Oughta Be in Pictures", Music by Dana Suesse
- "Home, Sweet Home", Music Partly Composed and Arranged by H.R. Bishop From a Sicilian Air
- "Prelude No. 20 in A minor 'Funeral March,' Op. 28", Music by Frédéric Chopin
- "Fr?hlingslied (Spring Song) Op. 62 #6", Music by Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy
- "What's the Matter with Father (He's All Right)", Music by Egbert Van Alstyne
- "Put On Your Old Grey Bonnet", Music by Percy Wenrich
- "Long, Long Ago", Music by Thomas Haynes Bayley
- "Mysterious Mose", Music by Walter Doyle
- "Mary Had a Little Lamb", Traditional
- "Merrily We Roll Along", Music by Murray Mencher
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Bear's Tale? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information