1001 Arabian Nights1001 Arabian Nights (1959) Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 1164 times this month, and 8937 times total.
- UPA Productions
- Columbia Pictures
- Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film
- Cartoon Characters: Uncle Abdul Azziz Magoo, Princess Yasminda, Aladdin, The Wicked Wazir, The Jinni of the Lamp, The Sultan, Omar the Rugmaker, The Three Little Maids from Damascus.
- Vocal Talent: Jim Backus (Uncle Abdul Azziz Magoo), Kathryn Grant (Princess Yasminda), Dwayne Hickman (Aladdin), Hans Conried (The Wicked Wazir), Herschel Bernardi (The Jinni of the Lamp), Alan Reed (The Sultan), Daws Butler (Omar the Rugmaker), Clark Sisters (The Three Little Maids from Damascus).
- Directed By Jack Kinney.
- Produced By Stephen Bosustow.
- Animated By Bob Carlson, Casey Onaitis, Clarke Mallery, Ed Friedman, Harvey Toombs, Herman Cohen, Jack Campbell, James Davis, Ken Hultgren, Phil Duncan, Rudy Zamora, Sandy Strother, Stan Wilkins.
Animation Director: Abe Levitow.
Sequence Directors: Alan Zaslove, Gil Turner, Osmond Evans, Rudy Larriva, Tom McDonald.
- Written By Czenzi Ormonde, Ted Allen.
Story: Dick Kinney, Pete Burness, Lew Keller, Ed Nofzinger, Ted Allen, Leo Salkin, Margaret Schneider, Paul Schneider, Dick Shaw.
- Music By George Duning.
- Edited By Carl Bennett, Skip Craig.
Supervising Editor: Joe Siracusa.
- Art Director: Abe Levitow.
- Production Design: Robert Dranko.
- Sequence Director: Osmond Evans, Rudy Larriva, Tom Mcdonald, Gil Turner, Alan Zaslove.
- Dialogue Director: Bill Scott.
- Layout Artists: Gene Miller, Shirley Silvey, Jimmy T. Murakami (uncredited).
- Color Design: Jules Engel, Bob Mcintosh.
- Backgrounds: Barbara Begg, Boris Gorelick, Rosemary O'Connor.
- Animation Director: Abe Levitow.
- Ink And Paint Supervisor: Marion O'Callahan.
- Executive Production Manager: Bud Getzler.
- Unit Managers: Robert C. Brown, Paul Marron.
- Camera: Bill Butler, Jack Eckes, J. Dan Miller.
- Sound: Marne Fallis, John P. Livadary.
- Orchestrator: Arthur Morton.
- Conductor: Morris Stoloff.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about 1001 Arabian Nights? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information
Mr. Magoo plays a nearsighted lamp dealer in ancient Baghdad, protecting his lovestruck nephew Aladdin with his flying carpet and magic lamp.