Previous Cartoon | Next Cartoon
Post your Comments or Review
This page has been viewed 3487 times this month, and 23066 times total.
FantasiaFantasia (1940) Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 3487 times this month, and 23066 times total.
Unknown Tag: 'short_stud_crew' Unknown Tag: 'short_voice_crew' Unknown Tag: 'short_dir_crew' Unknown Tag: 'short_prod_crew' Unknown Tag: 'short_write_crew' Unknown Tag: 'short_edit_crew' Unknown Tag: 'short_music_crew'
- Walt Disney Studios
- RKO Radio Pictures, Inc.
- Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film
- Cartoon Characters: Mickey Mouse, Hop Low, Mushroom Dancers, Dewdrop Fairies, Autumn Fairies, Yen Sid, Mlle. Upanova, Hyacinth Hippo, Elephanchine, Ben Ali Gator, Chernabog.
- Vocal Talent: Deems Taylor (Master of Ceremonies), Leopold Stokowski (Conductor, The Philadelphia Orchestra), Walt Disney (Mickey Mouse), Julietta Novis (Soloist "Ave Maria"), James Macdonald (Percussionist, uncredited), Paul J. Smith (Violinist, uncredited), Hugh Douglas (Narrator, 1982 re-release), Tim Matheson (Narrator, 1982 re-release).
- Directed By Ben Sharpsteen.
Sequence Director: Sam Armstrong (as Samuel Armstrong) (Toccata and Fugue in D minor and Nutcracker Suite).
Sequence Director: James Algar (The Sorcerers Apprentice).
Sequence Director: Bill Roberts, Paul Satterfield (The Rite of Spring).
Sequence Director: Hamilton Luske (as Hamilton S. Luske), Jim Handley, Ford Beebe (Pastoral Symphony).
Sequence Director: T. Hee, Norm Ferguson (Dance of the Hours).
Sequence Director: Wilfred Jackson (A Night on Bald Mountain).
- Produced By Walt Disney.
Production Supervisor: Ben Sharpsteen (uncredited).
- Animated By Ed Aardal, Daniel MacManus, Joshua Meador, Art Palmer, George Rowley, Cornett Wood, Cy Young (Toccata and Fugue in D minor).
Animators, The Nutcracker Suite Sequence: Art Babbitt, Les Clark, Don Lusk, Robert Stokes, Cy Young.
Animators, The Sorcerer's Apprentice Sequence: Preston Blair, Les Clark, Ugo D'Orsi, Edward Love, George Rowley, Cornett Wood, Marvin Woodward.
Animators, The Rite of Spring Sequence: Ed Aardal, Paul Busch, Philip Duncan, Paul B. Kossoff, John McManus, Art Palmer.
Animators, Pastoral Symphony Sequence: Jack Bradbury, Jack Campbell, John Elliotte, Harry Hamsel, Bill Justice, Lynn Karp, Walt Kelly, Don Lusk, James Moore, Milt Neil, Bernard Wolf, Robert W. Youngquist.
Animators, Dance of the Hours Sequence: Preston Blair, Art Elliott, Hugh Fraser, Franklin Grundeen, Hicks Lokey, John Lounsbery, Ray Patterson, Grant Simmons, Howard Swift.
Animators, A Night on Bald Mountain/Ave Maria Sequence: Bob Carlson, John McManus, Lester Novros, Don Patterson, William Shull.
Supervising Animators, The Sorcerer's Apprentice Sequence: Fred Moore, Bill Tytla.
Supervising Animators, The Rite of Spring Sequence: Joshua Meador, Wolfgang Reitherman.
Supervising Animators, Pastoral Symphony Sequence: Art Babbitt, Ollie Johnston (as Oliver M. Johnston Jr), Ward Kimball, Eric Larson, Fred Moore, Don Towsley.
Supervising Animator, Dance of the Hours Sequence: Norm Ferguson (as Norman Ferguson).
Supervising Animators, A Night on Bald Mountain/Ave Maria Sequence: Bill Tytla.
Special Effects Animation, A Night on Bald Mountain/Ave Maria: Daniel MacManus, Joshua Meador, Miles E. Pike, John F. Reed.
- Written By Joe Grant, Dick Huemer (Orchestral Sequence).
Writer, Toccata in D Minor Sequence: Lee Blair, Elmer Plummer, Phil Dike.
Writer, The Nutcracker Suite Sequence: Sylvia Moberly-Holland, Norman Wright, Albert Heath, Bianca Majolie, Graham Heid.
Writer, The Sorcerer's Apprentice Sequence: Perce Pearce, Carl Fallberg.
Writer, Rite of Spring Sequence: William Martin, Leo Thiele, Robert Sterner, John McLeish.
Writer, Pastoral Symphony Sequence: Otto Englander, Webb Smith, Erdman Penner, Joseph Sabo, Bill Peet, Vernon Stallings.
Writer, Bald Mountain/Ave Maria Sequence: Campbell Grant, Arthur Heinemann, Phil Dike.
- Music By Leopold Stokowski (Conductor).
Composer, "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor" : Johann Sebastian Bach.
Composer, "Nutcracker Suite Op. 71a" : Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
Composer, "l'Apprenti Sorcier" : Paul Dukas.
Composer, "The Rite of Spring" : Igor Stravinsky.
Composer, "6th symphony in F, Op.68 'Pastorale'" : Ludwig van Beethoven.
Composer, "La Gioconda: Dance of the Hours" : Amilcare Ponchielli.
Composer, "A Night on Bald Mountain" : Modest Mussorgsky.
Composer, "Ave Maria" : Franz Schubert.
Choral Director, A Night on Bald Mountain/Ave Maria: Charles Henderson.
- Edited By Stephen Csillag.
Film Editor, 1990 Restoration: John Carnochan.
- Art Direction: Robert Cormack (Toccata and Fugue in D minor).
- Bruce Bushman, Arthur Byram, Robert Cormack, Curtiss D. Perkins, Al Zinnen (The Nutcracker Suite).
- Tom Codrick, Charles Philippi, Zack Schwartz (The Sorcerer's Apprentice).
- John Hubley, Dick Kelsey, McLaren Stewart (The Rite of Spring).
- Kenneth Anderson, Yale Gracey, Hugh Hennesy, J. Gordon Legg, Lance Nolley, Herbert Ryman (Pastoral Symphony).
- Harold Doughty, Ernest Nordli, Kendall O'Connor (Dance of the Hours).
- Kay Nielsen, Charles Payzant, Thor Putnam, Terrell Stapp (A Night on Bald Mountain/Ave Maria).
- Concept: Oskar Fischinger (uncredited) (Toccata and Fugue in D minor).
- Backgrounds: Nino Carbe, John Hench, Joe Stahley (Toccata and Fugue in D minor).
- Nino Carbe, John Hench, Ethel Kulsar (The Nutcracker Suite).
- Claude Coats, Albert Dempster, Eric Hansen, Stan Spohn (The Sorcerer's Apprentice).
- Edward Levitt, Brice Mack, Ed Starr (The Rite of Spring).
- W. Richard Anthony, Claude Coats, Roy Forkum, Ray Huffine, Gerald Nevius, Arthur Riley (Pastoral Symphony).
- Charles Conner, Albert Dempster (Dance of the Hours).
- W. Richard Anthony, Merle Cox, Ray Lockrem, Robert Storms (A Night on Bald Mountain/Ave Maria).
- Character Design: Ethel Kulsar, Elmer Plummer, John Walbridge (The Nutcracker Suite).
- James Bodrero, John P. Miller, Lorna S. Soderstrom (Pastoral Symphony).
- James Bodrero, Earl Hurd, Martin Provensen, Duke Russell (Dance of the Hours).
- Special Camera Effects: Gail Papineau, Leonard Pickley (The Rite of Spring, A Night on Bald Mountain/Ave Maria).
- Musical Film Editor: Stephen Csillag.
- Sound Recordist: William E. Garity, J.N.A. Hawkins, C.O. Slyfield.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Fantasia? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information
Fantasia is nothing less than a symphony concert, illustrated by Disney animation, with Leopold Stokowski conducting the Philadelphia Orchestra. The eight sequences are: "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor" (J. S. Bach), "The Nutcracker Suite" (Tchaikovsky), "The... (more)
Below are comments about this cartoon submitted by people who have seen this show. Take a look and see what others have said about Fantasia. We want to know what you think, too!! Feel free to share your own opinion- we do want to hear from you! You can add your own comments here.
Top 10 List
This is outstanding. You can keep your computer generated effects, etc. This is art, and it certainly shows. For a film that is so old, you have to appreciate the vast amount of work that went into this.... (read more)