The Pirate MovieThe Pirate Movie (1982) Feature Length Theatrical FilmFeature Length Theatrical Animated Film by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 12 times this month, and 1534 times total.
- Joseph Hamilton International Productions
- Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation
- Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film
- Cartoon Characters: Octopus, Fish.
Characters (Live Action): Mabel, Frederic, Pirate King, Major General, Ruth, Sergeant/Inspector, Samuel, Dwarf Pirate, Aphrodite, Edith, Kate, Isabel, Chinese Captain, Butler, Servant Boy, McDonald's Customer, Pirates, Sisters, Policemen, Indian Servants.
- Vocal Talent: (Live Action): Kristy McNichol (Mabel), Christopher Atkins (Frederic), Ted Hamilton (Pirate King), Bill Kerr (Major General), Maggie Kirkpatrick (Ruth), Garry McDonald (Sergeant/Inspector), Chuck McKinney (Samuel), Marc Colombani (Dwarf Pirate), Linda Nagle (Aphrodite), Kate Ferguson (Edith), Rhonda Burchmore (Kate), Cathrine Lynch (Isabel), John Alansu (as John Allansu) (Chinese Captain), Paul Graham (Pirate), Bernard Ledger (Pirate), Nic Gazzana (Pirate), Richard Boué (Pirate), Chris Hession (Pirate), Stephen Fyfield (Pirate), Kjell Nilsson (Pirate), Peter Pantellic (Pirate), Tony Deary (Pirate), Harry Morris (Pirate), Roy Dudley (Pirate), Roger Ward (Pirate), Gene Del'Mace (Pirate), Ian Mortimer (Pirate), George Novak (Pirate), George Zakaria (Pirate), Kurt von Schneider (as Kurt Schneider) (Pirate), Zev Eleftheriou (as Zev Eletheriou) (Pirate), Edward Brodsky-Schuster (Pirate), Pamela Jones (Sister), Kerryn Henderson (Sister), Margot Knight (Sister), Marie T. Ploski (as Marie T Ploski) (Sister), Anna Logan (Sister), Aleeta Northey (Sister), Gai O'Meley (Sister), Cheryl Heazlewood (Sister), Stephen Leeder (Policeman), Clayton Mitchell (Policeman), Iain Murton (Policeman), Colin Setches (Policeman), Bruno Annetta (Policeman), William Binks (Policeman), Peter Braendler (Policeman), Phil Brock (Policeman), Bill Handley (Policeman), Peter Hosking (Policeman), Michael Lake (as Michael "Wally" Lake) (Policeman), Stephen Clark (Policeman), Paul Fyfield (Policeman), Frank Howson (Policeman), Tim Hughes (Policeman), William Kerr (Policeman), Des McKenna (Policeman), John Mesarov (Policeman), Kevin Summers (Policeman), Glenn Ruehland (Policeman), Andris Toppe (Policeman), David Swann (Policeman), John O'Connell (Policeman), Chris Peters (Policeman), Clive Hearne (Butler), Ben Joseph (Servant Boy), Miles Peters (Indian Servant), Gary Felsinger (Indian Servant), Ransley Mascurine (Indian Servant), Sami Kfouri (Indian Servant), Martin Copping (McDonald's Customer).
- Directed By Ken Annakin.
- Produced By David Joseph.
Associate Producer: David Anderson.
Executive Producer: Ted Hamilton .
- Animated By Maggie Geddes.
- Written By Trevor Farrant.
Based On The Operetta "The Pirates of Penzance": William S. Gilbert.
- Edited By Kenneth W. Zemke.
- Production Design: Tony Woollard.
- Art Direction: Nick Hepworth.
- Poster Artist: John Alvin.
- Animator: Maggie Geddes.
- Set Dresser: Jill Eden.
- Construction Coordinator: Philip Worth.
- Costume Design: Aphrodite Kondos.
- Hair Designer: Lisa Reeves-Easton.
- Executive in Charge of Production: Richard Davis.
- Production Supervisor: Tom Binns.
- Production Coordinator: Renate Wilson.
- Location Managers: Phillip Corr, Ian Goddard, Helen Watts.
- Choreographer: David Atkins.
- Horse Master: John Baird.
- Titles: Fran Burke.
- Sword Master: John Fethers.
- Laboratory Liaison: Bill Gooley.
- Continuity: Jenny Quigley.
- Mattes: Van der Veer Photo Effects.
- First Assistant Director: Murray Newey.
- Second Assistant Director: Andrew W. Morse.
- Third Assistant Director: Murray Francis.
- Cinematography: Robin Copping.
- Camera Operator: David Burr.
- Camera Operator (Second Unit): Peter Bilcock.
- Key Grip: Ian Park.
- Grip: Dick Tummel.
- Assistant Grip: Jamie Leckie.
- Best Boy: Peter Moloney.
- Clapper Loader: Ben Seresin.
- Gaffer: Sorby Stewart.
- Focus Puller (Second Unit): Stuart Wood.
- Editor: Kenneth W. Zemke.
- First Assistant Editor: Denise Hunter.
- Music: Mike Brady, Peter Sullivan.
- Non-Original Music (From Operetta "The Pirates of Penzance"): Arthur Sullivan.
- Conductor: Peter Sullivan.
- Orchestrator: Frank Strangio.
- Music Supervisor: Peter Sullivan.
- Music Re-Recording Mixer: Gethin Creagh.
- Sound Editors: Terry Rodman, Hugh Waddell.
- Sound Recordist: Paul Clark, Chris Goldsmith.
- Special Effects Coordinator: R.J. Hohman.
- Special Effects Supervisor: John Eggett.
- Special Effects: Conrad Rothmann, Court Wizard Special Effects.
- Stunt Coordinator: Grant Page.
- Stunt Double (Frederic): Chris Anderson.
- Stunt Double (Mabel): Fiona McConchie.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Pirate Movie? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!Report Errors / Submit Additional Information
Buckle your swash and jolly your roger for the ultimate musical comedy pirate adventure! Kristy McNichol and Christopher Atkins star as dreamy young lovers in this uproarious update of Gilbert & Sullivan's "The Pirates of Penzance," filled with virtuous maidens... (more)