Lady, Play Your Mandolin!Lady, Play Your Mandolin! (1931) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 1858 times this month, and 9417 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- A Hugh Harman-Rudolf Ising Production, Vitaphone Pictures
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Foxy, Roxy, Waiter, Horse, Customer, Mouse, Hippo.
- Directed By Rudolf Ising.
- Produced By Hugh Harman, Rudolf Ising.
- Animated By Rollin Hamilton, Norm Blackburn, Robert Clampett.
- Music: Frank Marsales, Abe Lyman's Brunswick Recording Orchestra.
- Originally Released in Sep, 1931 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:06 minutes.
- Production Number: 4645
- Black & White
Customers in a south-of-the-border saloon are whooping it up and singing the title tune, while an ape waiter is serving everyone liquor. Meanwhile, Foxy is riding along on his horse while whistling the title tune. He arrives outside at the saloon (the sign... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The first Merrie Melodie cartoon from Warner Bros., and thus the first appearances of Foxy and Roxy. Bob Clampett's first known animation work (he was uncredited). This cartoon was released two years before Prohibition was repealed. Its public... (more)
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Lady, Play Your Mandolin!" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Lady, Play Your Mandolin!? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!