English Title: Tales From EarthseaGedo Senki (Tales From Earthsea) (2006) Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film
This page has been viewed 883 times this month, and 3643 times total.
- Feature Length Animated FilmFeature
- Studio Ghibli
- Distributed by: Studio Ghibli, NTV, Toho Company Ltd.
- Cartoon Characters: Arren, Sparrowhawk, , Haitaka, Cob, Hare, Tenar, Hazia Dealer, The Mistress, The Queen, The King.
- Voice Actors: Junichi Okada, Aoi Teshima, Bunta Sugawara, Yûko Tanaka, Teruyuki Kagawa, Jun Fubuki, Takashi Naitô, Mitsuko Baisho, Yui Natsukawa; Full Voice Cast ...
- Directed By Gorô Miyazaki, Akihiko Yamashita.
- Produced By Toshio Suzuki, Tomohiko Ishii.
- Written By Gorô Miyazaki, Keiko Niwa, Ursula K. Le Guin.
- Awards: Nominee, Japan Academy Prize, Animation of the Year, 2007.
- Music: Tamiya Terajima.
- Editor: Takeshi Seyama, Keiko Kadokawa, Megumi Uchida, Rie Matsuhara.
- Originally Released on July 29, 2006.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 115 minutes.
The film is loosely based on The Farthest Shore, the third novel in the quartet of books by Ursula LeGuin. Prince Arren comes of age on a long voyage with Archmage Ged (Sparrowhawk) and learns to accept death as an essential part of life. Arren stumbles into the... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
"Tales From Earthsea."
The directorial debut of Gorô Mizazaki, son of Hayao Miyazaki. The senior Miyazaki initially expressed strong opposition to his son's involvement in the project. "To have somebody inexperienced like me suddenly make an almost two-hour movie was... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Gedo Senki" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Gedo Senki? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!