Ferdinand The BullFerdinand The Bull (1938) Theatrical Cartoon by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 51 times this month, and 12452 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- Walt Disney Studios
- Distributed by: RKO Radio Pictures, Inc.
- Cartoon Characters: Ferdinand the Bull.
- Voice Actors: Don Wilson.
- Directed By Dick Rickard, Ford Beebe.
- Produced By Walt Disney.
- Animated By Bernard Garbutt, Hamilton Luske, Milt Kahl, Bob Stokes, Jack Bradbury, Stan Quackenbush, Jack Campbell, Ward Kimball, Don Lusk.
- Written By Robert Lawson, Munro Leaf.
- Awards: Academy Award Winner, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1939.
- Music: Albert Hay Malotte.
- Originally Released on November 25, 1938.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:14 minutes.
- Production Number: RS-9.
Ferdinand is a quiet, peaceful young bull who only wants to stop and smell the flowers. But, when he is stung by a bee, the townspeople believe he is ferocious and take him to the... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Ward Kimball drew the line of matadors that enter the bull ring as caricatures of Disney artists. They are, in order, Bill Tytla, Fred Moore, Art Babbitt, Ham Luske, and Jack Campbell. The head matador was Walt Disney, with Kimball himself... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Ferdinand The Bull" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Ferdinand The Bull? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!