Fresh HareFresh Hare (1942) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 2216 times this month, and 7548 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Leon Schlesinger Studios
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Mounties.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc, Arthur Q. Bryan, Sportsmen Quartet.
- Directed By Isadore Freleng.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Manuel Perez, Richard Bickenbach, Gerry Chiniquy, Phil Monroe.
- Written By Michael Maltese.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on August 22, 1942.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:33 minutes.
- Production Number: 629.
Elmer is a Mountie in the North Woods, out to arrest Bugs for being a "scwewy wabbit." Things go badly for Elmer from the start as Bugs, who is "Wanted, Dead or Alive," handcuffs him to a bomb. Bugs then takes advantage of Elmer's superhuman gullibility by... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
A scene in which Bugs, Elmer and the firing squad all sing "Camptown Ladies" in blackface has been deleted from the end of the short in recent prints. Songs include: "I Wish I Was in Dixie," performed by Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd and... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Fresh Hare" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Fresh Hare? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!