Africa SqueaksAfrica Squeaks (1940) - Looney Tunes Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 148 times this month, and 2671 times total.
- Looney Tunes Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Leon Schlesinger Studios
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Porky Pig, Guide, Stanley, Gorilla, Cake-Icer.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc.
- Directed By Robert Clampett.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By John Carey, Dave Hoffman.
- Written By Jack Miller.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on January 27, 1940.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:11 minutes.
- Production Number: 9160.
- Black & White
Porky is a big-game hunter in darkest Africa. A parody of the live-action feature film "Stanley & Livingstone" (1939). Porky and his run across Spencer Tracy as Stanley. They discover a native village where Cake-Icer has the jungle jumping with... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The gorilla is a caricature of heavyweight boxing contender Tony Galento ("I'll moida da bum! I'll moida 'im!"). Spencer Tracy, who portrayed Stanley in "Stanley & Livingstone", and Kay Kyser are also caricatured.... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of Africa Squeaks. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Africa Squeaks? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!