The Old MillThe Old Mill (1937) - Silly Symphonies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 835 times this month, and 7101 times total.
- Silly Symphonies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Walt Disney Studios
- Distributed by: RKO Radio Pictures, Inc.
- Cartoon Characters: Animals in the Mill.
- Directed By Wilfred Jackson.
- Produced By Walt Disney.
- Animated By Ugo D'Orsi, Jack Hannah, Robert Martsch, Dan McManus, Josh Meador, Tom Palmer, Stan Quackenbush, George Rowley, Ralph Somerville, Robert Stokes, Bob Wickersham.
- Awards: Academy Award Winner, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1938.
- Music: Leigh Harline.
- Originally Released on November 05, 1937.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 9 minutes.
- Production Number: MPAA: 3154
Various birds, mice and bats take up residence in an old windmill. Frogs, crickets and fireflies make their music in an adjacent pond. A storm slowly approaches, building suspense. The wind turns the mill's blades, which turn gears inside the mill. A small bird... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This short was the first production use of the Disney multiplane camera. Disney also won an Academy Award (Scientific or Technical, Class II) for the invention and use of the Multiplane Camera which allowed a greater depth of field than the regular... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Old Mill" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Old Mill? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!