L'homme Qui Plantait Des Arbres
English Title: The Man Who Planted TreesL'homme Qui Plantait Des Arbres (The Man Who Planted Trees) (1987) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 45 times this month, and 1391 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Société Radio-Canada, CBC French
- Distributed by: National Film Board of Canada
- Cartoon Characters: Elzeard Bouffier.
- Voice Actors: Philippe Noiret, Christopher Plummer.
- Directed By Frédéric Back.
- Produced By Frédéric Back.
- Animated By Frédéric Back.
- Written By Jean Giono.
- Awards: Academy Award Winner, Best Short Film (Animated), 1988, Grand Prix (tied), Frédéric Back, Annecy International Animated Film Festival, 1987; more Awards ...
- Editor: Norbert Pickering.
- Originally Released in 1987 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 30 minutes.
The true story of one shepherd's long and successful single-handed effort to reforest a desolate valley. Shepherd Elzeard Bouffier is a man of few words, but of great determination: he plants and nurtures a forest of thousands of oak trees, changing his arid... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
"The Man Who Planted Trees."
Though released theatrically, it did air in the PBS series Long Ago & Far Away on April 15, 1989. "I will share this universal symbol with all the women and men who plant trees and hope, and work so hard to protect forests, wildlife, the health... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of L'homme Qui Plantait Des Arbres. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about L'homme Qui Plantait Des Arbres? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!