Porky In WackylandPorky In Wackyland (1938) - Looney Tunes Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 1755 times this month, and 7347 times total.
- Looney Tunes Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- A Vitaphone Production
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Porky Pig, The Do-Do, Various Wackyland Citizens.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc, Billy Bletcher.
- Directed By Robert Clampett.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Norm McCabe, I. Ellis.
- Written By Allen Rose.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on September 24, 1938.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:19 minutes.
- Production Number: 8608.
- Black & White
Anything can happen in Wackyland- and it does!- as Porky chases the last Do-Do. Porky ventures into Darkest Africa in search of the last Do-Do bird, and winds up in Wackyland, a surreal place where anything can happen: the sun comes up atop a human pyramid, the... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Many of the surreal characters are obviously inspired by the work of Salvador Dali. The Three Stooges are caricatured. An Al Jolson caricature says, "Mammy, Mammy, my Mammy, no one else's." This cartoon was remade in 1949 (in color) as "Dough For... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Porky In Wackyland? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!