The Little OrphanThe Little Orphan (1949) - Tom and Jerry Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 100 times this month, and 4756 times total.
- Tom and Jerry Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Distributed by: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
- Cartoon Characters: Tom, Jerry, Mammy-Two-Shoes, Nibbles.
- Directed By William Hanna, Joseph Barbera.
- Produced By Fred Quimby.
- Animated By Irv Spence, Kenneth Muse, Ed Barge, Ray Patterson.
- Awards: Academy Award Winner, Best Short Subject (Cartoon), 1949.
- Music: Scott Bradley.
- Originally Released on April 30, 1949.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:50 minutes.
- Production Number: MPAA #: 13132
Jerry gets more than he bargains for when he finds a little orphan mouse on his doorstep who has an insatiable appetite.
Cartoon Production Information:
The scene in which a candlestick lands on Tom's tail, leaving him in blackface, is cut from modern releases. Some sequences were reused in "Life with Tom" (1953). Remade in Cinemascope as "Feedin' the Kiddie" (1957). Song: "Throw Another Log on the... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Little Orphan? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!