The Return Of The KingThe Return Of The King (1980) Animated Cartoon Special
This page has been viewed 128 times this month, and 4205 times total.
- Animated TV SpecialCartoonTelevisionSpecialCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Rankin-Bass Productions
- Animation Studio: Tôei Company Ltd.
- Cartoon Characters: Frodo Baggins, Samwise Gamgee, Gandalf, King Aragorn, Denethor, Merriadoc Brandybuck, Gollum, The Minstrel, Bilbo Baggins, Elrond, Goblin, Lord of the Eagles, Orcs, Peregrin (Pippin) Took, Eowyn.
- Voice Actors: Orson Bean, Roddy McDowall, John Huston, Theodore Bikel, William Conrad, Casey Kasem, Theodore, Glenn Yarbrough, Paul Frees, Sonny Melendrez; Full Voice Cast ...
- Directed By Arthur Rankin Jr., Jules Bass.
- Produced By Arthur Rankin Jr, Jules Bass.
- Animated By Kazuyuki Kobayashi, Tadakatsu Yoshida, Hidemi Kudo, Katsuhisa Yamada, Koichi Sasaki.
- Written By Romeo Muller, J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Music: Maury Laws, Jules Bass, Bernard Hoffer.
- Originally Released on May 11, 1980.
- Originally Aired on ABC-TV (USA).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 98 minutes.
- U.S.A. / Japan
This film adapts the final book of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy where the Hobbits, Frodo and Samwise, struggle through the barren land of Mordor to destroy the Ruling Ring in Mount Doom. At the same time, Gandalf and the others wage a desperate battle against... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
The first two-hour made-for-TV animated movie. It was released as an unofficial sequel to Ralph Bakshi's 1978 film, "Lord of the Rings," and tried to pick up from where that film left off. This is also Rankin Bass Productions' sequel to its own... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of The Return Of The King. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Return Of The King? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!