The Cat Came BackThe Cat Came Back (1936) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 1056 times this month, and 5997 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- A Vitaphone Production
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Kitten, Mouse, Mama Cat, Mama Mouse.
- Directed By Isadore Freleng.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Robert McKimson, Ben Clopton.
- Written By Cal Dalton, Sandy Walker.
- Originally Released on February 08, 1936. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 8:08 minutes.
- Production Number: 7138.
- TechniColor (Two-Strip)
A curious kitten leaves her family to play with an equally curious little mouse from across the hall, despite both being told by their mothers how bad the other's family is. (Mama Mouse warns her kids to stay away from cats, while Mama Cat tells her kids to... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This is the last WB cartoon in two-hue color until the Technicolor releases of the 1940s. (Disney had exclusive rights to the three-hue Technicolor process through 1935.) The "mousetrap" sequence, the scene with the toilet plunger and the "eye... (more)
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Cat Came Back" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Cat Came Back? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!