The Reluctant Dragon
Alternate Title: Behind the Scenes at Walt Disney StudiosThe Reluctant Dragon (Behind the Scenes at Walt Disney Studios , A Day at Disneys) (1941) Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 1599 times this month, and 12260 times total.
- Feature Length Animated FilmFeature
- Traditional Animation
- Walt Disney Studios
- Distributed by: RKO Radio Pictures, Inc.
- Cartoon Characters: Casey, Jr. ("Casey, Jr.")
Donald Duck, Clementine Cow ("Old MacDonald Duck")
Baby Weems, John, Mrs. Weems, Albert Einstein, Franklin D. Roosevelt, George Bernard Shaw, Salvador Dali ("Baby Weems")
Goofy ("How to Ride a Horse")
Percy, The Reluctant Dragon, Sir Giles ("The Reluctant Dragon").
Characters, Live Action: Robert Benchley, Mrs. Benchley, Humphrey, Doris, Ward Kimball, Fred Moore, Norman Ferguson, Clarence Nash, Florence Gill, Walt Disney.
- Voice Actors: Robert Benchley, Frances Gifford, Buddy Pepper, Nana Bryant, Florence Gill, Clarence Nash, Alan Ladd, Norman Ferguson, Ward Kimball; Full Voice Cast ...
- Directed By Hamilton Luske, Ford Beebe, Jim Handley, Verity Erwin, Alfred L. Werker, Jasper Blystone; more Directors ...
- Produced By Walt Disney.
- Animated By Ward Kimball, Fred Moore, Milt Neil, Wolfgang Reitherman, Walt Kelly, Jack Campbell, Claude Smith, Harvey Toombs, Bud Smith, Joshua L. Meador.
- Written By Ted Sears, Al Perkins, Larry Clemmons, William Cottrell, Harry Clork, Robert Benchley, Erdman Penner, T. Hee, Joe Grant, Dick Huemer, John P. Miller; more Writers ...
- Music: Frank Churchill, Larry Morey, Charles Wolcott.
- Editor: Paul Weatherwax.
- Originally Released on June 20, 1941. (more dates ...)
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 72 minutes.
- Production Number: 2005.
Production Number: 1379 (Baby Weems segment).
Production Number: 1244 (Reluctant Dragon segment)
- Black & White, TechniColor
Robert Benchley is at the new Walt Disney Studios, there to pitch a story idea for an animated version of The Reluctant Dragon by Kenneth Grahame. As he is searching for Walt Disney, he goes into various departments, and sees a variety of the work that goes into... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
"Behind the Scenes at Walt Disney Studios" and "A Day at Disneys (Television)."
A combined live-action and animated film. Five short animated stories totaling about 40 minutes wrapped around a tour of the Walt Disney Studios. The first third of the movie is in Black & White, and switches to Technicolor when Benchley goes to... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Reluctant Dragon" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Reluctant Dragon? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!