Alternate Studio Title: PannóniaFilm
Hungarian animation film studio. It is the largest in Hungary, and based in the capital of Budapest. Founded by Gyula Macskássy as the animation division of the Hungarian Film Production Company in 1951. Spun off and renamed Pannónia Filmstúdió in 1956. With the fall of communism in 1990, Pannónia lost its protected monopoly on animation production in the country, and the Hungarian National Television Company has stopped financing Pannónia Films. Somewhat crippled, Pannónia continued to produce animated films as late as 2004.