Budgeted at an estimated $27 million, this film grossed $71.3 million in the United States.
This film marked (in live action) the final screen appearance of Mae Questel, best known as the veteran voice actress behind Fleischer/Famous Studios' Betty Boop and Olive Oyl.
Release date is that for Australia; release date in the United States was December 1, 1989.
- "Christmas Vacation," Written by Cynthia Weil and Barry Mann, Performed by Mavis Staples, Courtesy of Paisley Park Records
- "That Spirit of Christmas," Written by Mable John, Joel Webster and Parnell Davison, Performed by Ray Charles, Courtesy of CBS Records, Music Licensing Department
- "Mele Kalikimaka," Written by R. Alex Anderson, Performed by Bing Crosby, Courtesy of MCA Records
- "Hey, Santa Claus," Written by Harvey Fuqua, Performed by The Moonglows, Courtesy of MCA Records
- "Here Comes Santa Claus," Written by Gene Autry and Oakley Haldeman, Performed by Gene Autry, Courtesy of Everest Record Group
- "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer," Written by Johnny Marks
- "The Star-Spangled Banner," Composed by Francis Scott Key, Performed by the Griswolds