Sleeping Beauty was photographed in Technirama. This was an adaptation of the VistaVision process introduced by Paramount. Like VistaVision, the standard 35mm film traveled in a horizontal path through the camera, exposing a frame that was 8-perforations wide.... but the wrinkle that makes it different is that the photography was done with an anamorphic lens for a 1.5x squeeze... so where standard VistaVision was shown at 1.66 or 1.85, Technirama was then printed for first runs as "Super Technirama 70", which meant 70mm projection prints with an aspect ratio 2.55:1.
The "technicolor" in the credit was simply contractual, as they were the lab developing negative and making (Eastmancolor) release prints.... though the 35mm CinemaScope prints (cropped to 2.35) would have been made in 1959 by dye-transfer.
And to make it really interesting, the camera photography, like all Disney animation of the period, was photographed as color separations on Black & White negative film stock by the Successive Exposure process (each single color frame that you see on screen is in fact a "triple exposure" of the three successive frames of negative, first a red exposure, then a green and blue).
Courtesy of Scott MacQueen
- Production Design: Don DaGradi, Ken Anderson.
- Color Styling: Eyvind Earle.
- Character Styling: Tom Oreb.
- Layouts: McLaren Stewart, Don Griffith, Basil Davidovich, Joe Hale, Jack Huber, Tom Codrick, Erni Nordli, Victor Haboush, Homer Jonas, Ray Aragon.
- Backgrounds: Frank Armitage, Al Dempster, Bill Layne, Dick Anthony, Richard H. Thomas, Thelma Witmer, Walt Peregoy, Ralph Hulett, Fil Mottola, Anthony Rizzo.
- Special Processes: Ub Iwerks, Eustace Lycett.
- Sound Supervision: Robert O. Cook.
- Choral Arranger: John Rarig.
- Lyricists: Erdman Penner, Jack Lawrence, Sammy Fain, Ted Sears, Winston Hibler.
- Music Editor : Evelyn Kennedy.
Sleeping Beauty Cartoon Downloads:
Watch this cartoon now! You can download Sleeping Beauty to your PC and watch this cartoon video download today.
If you know of more people who worked on this cartoon, or want to submit additional production information about Sleeping Beauty, please submit your information here.
Return To Sleeping Beauty...
"Sleeping Beauty" is rated: (There have been 23 votes so far.)
This page has been viewed 837 times this month, and 13942 times total.