Native LandNative Land (1942) Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film
This page has been viewed 12 times this month, and 275 times total.
- Feature Length Animated FilmFeature
- Traditional Animation
- Frontier Films
- Animation Studio: Ted Eshbaugh Studios
- Distributed by: Frontier Films
- Cartoon Characters: (Live Action): Fred Hill (Farmer), Hill's Wife, Hill's Son, Maid, White Sharecropper, Black Sharecropper, Mack (Union President), Jim (Stool Pigeon), Harry Carlyle, Spy Executive, Harry (Man Helping Nurse), Member, Contact Man, Mary (Wife of Union President), Frank Mason (Grocer), Little Girl with Balloon, Thug With Crowbar, Minister, Joseph Shoemaker, Eugene Poulnot, Whitey's Widow, Whitey's Eulogist.
- Voice Actors: Paul Robeson.
Live Action: Fred Johnson, Mary George, Charles Johnson.
- Directed By Leo Hurwitz, Paul Strand, Alfred Saxe, William Watts.
- Produced By Leo Hurwitz, Paul Strand.
- Written By David Wolff, Leo Hurwitz, Paul Strand.
- Music: Marc Blitzstein, Lehman Engel.
- Editor: Leo Hurwitz, Lionel Berman, Bob Stebbins.
- Originally Released on May 11, 1942.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 88 minutes.
- Black & White
By the start of World War II, Paul Robeson had given up his lucrative mainstream work to participate in more socially progressive film and stage productions.... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Live action with animation.
Robert Strauss's feature film debut.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Native Land? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!