Sadie Hawkins DaySadie Hawkins Day (1944) - Lil' Abner Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 18 times this month, and 4217 times total.
- Lil' Abner Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Columbia Pictures Corporation
- Cartoon Characters: Lil' Abner, Daisy Mae, Mammy Yokum.
- Directed By Bob Wickersham, Al Capp.
- Produced By Dave Fleischer.
- Animated By Chic Otterstrom, Ben Lloyd.
- Written By Ed Seward.
- Music: Eddie Kilfeather.
- Originally Released on May 04, 1944.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Production Number: 4407
The cartoon opens on a recreation of a full page color Li'l Abner strip, and mixes through to a static panel, complete with speech balloon. Then the balloon disappears and the characters start to move and speak. It's Sadie Hawkins Day in Dogpatch, and Mammy has... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
One of only five animated Lil' Abner cartoons. Cartoonist Al Capp, who created the comic strip, was reportedly unhappy with how Columbia had simplified his strip's characters and situations. This series follows the adventures of Lil' Abner and... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Sadie Hawkins Day" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Sadie Hawkins Day? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!