Fair PhyllisFair Phyllis (2003) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 10 times this month, and 502 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- National Film Board of Canada
- Distributed by: National Film Board of Canada
- Cartoon Characters: Phyllis, Suitor, Lambs, Wolf.
- Voice Actors: Beth Portman, Colin DeBourcier.
- Directed By Beth Portman.
- Produced By Jennifer Torrance, Jerry D. Krepakevich, Svend-Erik Eriksen, Graydon McCrea, Bonnie Thompson.
- Animated By Beth Portman.
- Written By Beth Portman.
- Awards: ZeD's People's Choice Award, Edmonton International Film Festival, 2002-2003, Nominee, Gemini Award, Best Animated Program or Series, Jennifer Torrance and Jerry D. Krepakevich, 2004.
- Music: Jamie Musselwhite, John Dowland, Beth Portman, Lark Clark, Kelly Collins; more Musicians ...
- Editor: Justin Pasula.
- Originally Released in February of 2003 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 9:47 minutes.
An amusing film celebrating the resiliency and resourcefulness of the female sex. Fair Phyllis is a shepherdess who lives in the 18th century, but her struggles in a chaotic world aren't far from the stresses of a busy multi-tasking woman of today! Her days are... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Drawings on paper with computer rendering. To research the film, director-animator Beth Portman played a real-life shepherdess on a sheep farm and assisted in numerous lamb births. Portman spent 10 years performing with the South African-inspired... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of Fair Phyllis. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Fair Phyllis? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!