Melody (Adventures In Music)Melody (Adventures In Music) (1953) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 28 times this month, and 3931 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- Walt Disney Studios
- Distributed by: RKO Radio Pictures, Inc.
- Cartoon Characters: Professor Owl, Bertie Birdbrain, The Canary Sisters, Penelope Pinfeather, Suzy Sparrow, Bass Singer in Canoe and Ship.
- Voice Actors: Harry Stanton, Bill Thompson.
- Directed By Ward Kimball, Charles Nichols.
- Produced By Walt Disney.
- Animated By Hal Ambro, Marc Davis, Ward Kimball, Julius Svendsen, Harvey Toombs, Marvin Woodward.
- Written By Dick Huemer.
- Music: Joseph Dubin, Sonny Burke, Paul Francis Webster.
- Originally Released on May 28, 1953.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 10:00 minutes.
- Production Number: 5304
- Technicolor, 3-D
Professor Owl teaches his music class (full of birds) about melody and its importance to the world of music. It's all around in nature. Only birds and man can sing; man "sings" even when he speaks. We see a quick survey of the stages of life, as captured by... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Despite Disney's claims implying that this was the first 3-D cartoon, it was actually just Disney's first attempt at three-dimensional animation.
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Melody (Adventures In Music)" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Melody (Adventures In Music)? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!