English Title: Taro MaegamiMaegami Taro (Taro Maegami) (1979) Feature Length Theatrical Animated Film
This page has been viewed 1 time this month, and 1066 times total.
- Feature Length Animated FilmFeature
- Traditional Animation
- Nippon Animation
- Cartoon Characters: Maegamitaro, Taro, Elderly Couple, Serpent.
- Directed By Hiroshi Saito.
- Animated By Yoshiyuki Momose.
- Written By Akira Miyazaki.
- Music: Shinichi Tanabe.
- Originally Released in August of 1979 (Estimate).
- Originally Aired on Fuji TV (Japan).
- Running Time: 70 minutes.
This is a folk-tale-like adventure story of an active boy on a quest for the Water of Life. The boy sets out on this quest after learning that the Water of Life is needed to make his village happy. On the way, he meets gods, demons...Soon, he discovers that the... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Released as a TV special.
Based on the book by Miyoko Matsutani.
Another anime adaptation of the story, "Ryu no Ko Taro" ("Taro the Dragon Boy"), was released the previous month.
Sorry, we do not have a video of Maegami Taro. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Maegami Taro? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!