The Loon's NecklaceThe Loon's Necklace (1948) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 15 times this month, and 1475 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- Crawley Films
- Distributed by: Canadian Education Association, Released by Canadian Education Association, Encyclopaedia Britannica Films
- Cartoon Characters: Loon.
- Voice Actors: George Gorman.
- Directed By Frank Radford 'Budge' Crawley.
- Written By Douglas Leechman.
- Awards: Film of the Year, Canadian Film Awards, 1949.
- Editor: Judith Crawley.
- Originally Released in 1948 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 10 minutes.
How the loon, a water bird, received his distinguishing neckband. Ceremonial masks carved by the Indians of British Columbia establish the characters of the story and portray the Indian's sensitivity to the moods... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
"Le Collier Magique (French)."
Combined animation and live action. Sponsored by Imperial Oil Limited. Douglas Leechman's story, based on an Indian legend, first appeared in the January 1931 issue of "Forest and Outdoors," the magazine of the Canadian Forestry Association. Masks... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of The Loon's Necklace. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Loon's Necklace? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!