Alternate Title: Ben FranklinShow Opening (Ben Franklin) (1959) - Peabody's Improbable History Cartoon Episode Guide
This page has been viewed 24 times this month, and 3347 times total.
- Peabody's Improbable History Cartoon Episode GuideEpisode GuideTelevisionSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Jay Ward Productions
- Cartoon Characters: Mr. Peabody, Sherman, Benjamin Franklin, Newsboy, Orphanage Man, Judge, Publius Maximus.
- Voice Actors: Bill Scott, Walter Tetley, Paul Frees.
- Directed By Gerard Baldwin, Frank Braxton, Pete Burness, Sal Faillace, Paul Harvey, Jim Hiltz; more Directors ...
- Produced By Jay Ward, Bill Scott, Ponsonby Britt O.B.E.
- Animated By Bob Bachman, Howard Baldwin, Herman Cohen, Phil Duncan, Bob Goe, Fred Madison, Bob Maxfield, Gary Mooney, Barrie Nelson, Jack Schnerk, Rod Scribner, Alan Zaslove.
- Written By Bill Scott.
- Music: Sheldon Allman.
- Editor: Skip Craig, Roger Donley.
- First Aired on September 15, 1959.
- Originally Aired on NBC-TV (USA).
- Running Time: 4 minutes.
The origins of Mr. Peabody and the WABAC machine: Mr. Peabody finds Sherman in the street being beaten up by some bigger boys. At first, he doesn't think that he's the right sort of boy- but when he sees how he is treated in the orphanage, Peabody decides to... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This is the first episode of the series, and has different opening music from other episodes (music from "The Adventures of Bullwinkle and Rocky" is used).
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this episode today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Show Opening" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Show Opening? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!