The Hand Of The ArtistThe Hand Of The Artist (1906) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 17 times this month, and 448 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- Urban Trading Company
- Animation Studio: R.W. Paul
- Cartoon Characters: Hand of the Artist, Coster, Donah.
- Directed By Walter R. Booth.
- Produced By Charles Urban, Robert W. Paul.
- Animated By Walter R. Booth.
- Written By Walter R. Booth.
- Originally Released in April of 1906 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 3 minutes.
- Black & White
- United Kingdom
Lifelike portrait sketches produced by the Hand: a coster and his donah magically come to life, embrace, and dance a cakewalk. Other surprising effects follow in... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Silent film. Combined live action and "Lightning Sketches." Credited in Denis Gifford's "British Animated Films, 1895-1985" as the first British animated cartoon film. A year after its release, the... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of The Hand Of The Artist. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Hand Of The Artist? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!