The King Kong ShowThe King Kong Show (1966) Animated Cartoon Special by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 19 times this month, and 1146 times total.
- Animated TV SpecialCartoonTelevisionSpecialCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Rankin Bass Productions, Videocraft International, Tôei Company Ltd.
- Animation Studio: Tôei Company Ltd.
- Distributed by: Videocraft International
- Cartoon Characters: King Kong, Professor Bond, Bobby Bond, Mecha-Kong, Susan Bond, Captain Englehorne, Dr. Who.
- Voice Actors: Bernard Cowan, Susan Conway, Billie Mae Richards, John Drainie, Carl Banas, Alf Scopp, Paul Soles.
- Produced By William J. Keenan, Arthur Rankin Jr, Jules Bass, Larry Roemer.
- Written By Lew Lewis, Bernard Cowan, Ron Lewis.
- Music: Maury Laws, Jules Bass.
- Originally Released on September 06, 1966.
- Originally Aired on ABC-TV (USA).
- Running Time: 60 minutes.
- U.S.A. / Japan
The Bond Family, based on Mondo Island in the Java Sea, meet and befriend King Kong. They try to keep him out of the hands of the notorious Dr. Who.
Cartoon Production Information:
This special was the pilot for the twenty-six-episode series that also aired on ABC. The series aired from September 10, 1966 to August 31, 1969. Twenty-four thirty-minute episodes were produced, each with two eight-minute King Kong episodes paired... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of The King Kong Show. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The King Kong Show? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!