An Indian Fantasy
Alternate Title: Around The World In 80 DaysAn Indian Fantasy (Around The World In 80 Days) (1938) Theatrical Cartoon
This page has been viewed 10 times this month, and 545 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- Animat Studios, London Films, British Film Institute
- Cartoon Characters: Phileas Fogg, Jean Passepartout, Young Woman.
- Voice Actors: Donald Pleasence.
- Directed By Hector Hoppin, Anthony Gross.
- Produced By Alexander Korda.
- Animated By Hector Hoppin, Anthony Gross, David Patee, Laszlo Meitner.
- Written By Anthony Gross, Jules Verne.
- Music: Tibor Harsanyi.
- Editor: Alan Lloyd.
- Originally Released in December of 1938 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 17 minutes.
- Color (Technicolor)
- France / United Kingdom
This sum of scenes from a never-finished, full-length animated colour feature cartoon of Jules Verne's Around The World In Eighty Days opens with the famous meeting at the Reform Club in 1872. Phileas Fogg- mysterious gentleman of British high society- wagers... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
In 1937, animator and designer Anthony (Tibor) Gross visited American producer Hector Hoppin in Switzerland - both had worked previously on "La Joie de Vivre" (1934) and "Fox Hunt" (1937)- to prepare a scenario for an animated, color feature... (more)
Sorry, we do not have a video of An Indian Fantasy. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about An Indian Fantasy? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!