The Flying ManThe Flying Man (1962) Theatrical Cartoon by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 11 times this month, and 587 times total.
- Theatrical ShortShort
- Traditional Animation
- TV Cartoons
- Distributed by: Connoisseur
- Cartoon Characters: Flying Man, Another Man.
- Directed By George Dunning.
- Produced By George Dunning.
- Animated By George Dunning, Jeremy Hibbert, Roy Evans.
- Written By Stan Hayward.
- Awards: Grand Prix Award, Annecy Festival, 1962.
- Music: Ron Goodwin.
- Originally Released in September of 1962 (Estimate).
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 2:20 minutes.
- United Kingdom
A man is flying without moving. Another man comes and tries to do the same, but can't.
Cartoon Production Information:
Images painted on glass.
George Dunning's experimental film was highly influential for its abandonment of the traditional outline figure that so long dominated "cartoons." The loosely painted figures lacked firm outlines.
Sorry, we do not have a video of The Flying Man. If you have one, or know of one on Youtube, Vimeo or any other site, Let Us Know
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Flying Man? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!