Hare-Um Scare-UmHare-Um Scare-Um (1939) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 50 times this month, and 2739 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- A Vitaphone Production
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Bugs Bunny, John Sourpuss, Dog, Rabbits.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc.
- Directed By Ben Hardaway, Cal Dalton.
- Produced By Leon Schlesinger.
- Animated By Gil Turner.
- Written By Melvin Millar.
- Music: Carl W. Stalling.
- Originally Released on August 12, 1939.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 8:10 minutes.
When a hunter learns of higher meat prices due to a meat shortage, he goes off gunning for a crazy rabbit- but runs into constant obstacles. This early incarnation does what Bugs does best: outwitting hunters, getting the better of dogs, and singing about how... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Bugs Bunny's first appearance under the name "Bugs Bunny". Warner's new star was advertised as 'Bugs' Bunny in a 1939 promotional book, but he wasn't directly named in this film itself. At this time, Bugs was considered an "incidental" character... (more)
Additional Cartoon Pictures:
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "Hare-Um Scare-Um" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Hare-Um Scare-Um? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!