The Tomfoolery Show (Series)The Tomfoolery Show (Series) (1970) Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 76 times this month, and 2709 times total.
- The Tomfoolery Show Cartoon SeriesSeries
- Traditional Animation
- Rankin-Bass Productions, Halas and Batchelor Cartoon Films
- Distributed by: Halas and Batchelor Cartoon Films
- Cartoon Characters: Enthusiastic Elephant, Fastidious Fish, Outrageous Ostrich, Worrying Whizzing Wasp, Scroovy Snake, The Yonghy-Bonghy-Bo, The Umbrageous Umbrella Maker, Tic-Tac-Toe Board, Mrs. Jaefer, Mr. and Mrs. Discobolus, The Table and the Chair, The Duck and the Kangaroo, Onomatopoiea, Purple Cow, Goops.
- Voice Actors: Peter Hawkins, Bernard Spear, The Maury Laws Singers.
- Directed By Arthur Rankin Jr., Jules Bass, John Halas, Joy Batchelor, Haster Goblentz; more Directors ...
- Produced By Arthur Rankin Jr, Jules Bass, John Halas, Joy Batchelor, Katy Holland.
- Animated By Harold Whitaker, Tony Guy, John Perkins, Terry Harrison, Ginger Gibbons, Mike Pogock, Joan Garrick, John Challis, Santo Villani, Stuart Wynn Jones, Elphin Lloyd Jones.
- Written By Romeo Muller, Lewis Carroll, Edward Lear.
- Music: Maury Laws, Jules Bass.
- Series Began Airing on September 12, 1970.
- Originally Aired on NBC-TV (USA).
- Running Time: 30 minutes.
- U.S.A. / United Kingdom
A show devoted to the nonsense poems of Edward Lear, Lewis Carroll, Gelett Burgess and Ogden Nash, as well as "Laugh-In"-style sight gags.
Cartoon Production Information:
17 episodes were made, which ran through September 4, 1971. The first time that Rankin/Bass employed Halas and Batchelor Animation for a show. Some of the background music was reused from such... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Tomfoolery Show (Series)" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Tomfoolery Show (Series)? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!