The Chain GangThe Chain Gang (1930) - Mickey Mouse Theatrical Cartoon Series by Dave Koch
This page has been viewed 34 times this month, and 2540 times total.
- Mickey Mouse Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Walt Disney Studios
- Distributed by: Columbia Pictures
- Cartoon Characters: Mickey Mouse, Pegleg Pete, Pluto.
- Voice Actors: Walt Disney, Pinto Colvig.
- Directed By Burt Gillett.
- Produced By Walt Disney.
- Animated By Norm Ferguson, David Hand, Les Clark, Ben Sharpsteen, Jack Cutting, Jack King, Dick Lundy, Tom Palmer, Johnny Cannon, Wilfred Jaxon, Charlie Byrne.
- Originally Released on August 18, 1930.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 8 minutes.
- Black & White
An homage to the Chaplin, Keaton and Laurel and Hardy prison comedies. Mickey's a prisoner on jailer Pegleg Pete's rock pile. In a riot, he escapes, but when he's pursued by the jail guards' hounds, he jumps on a pair of motley horses who finally return him to... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
This short features the first appearance of Pluto, though he is not yet named.
Watch Cartoon Video:
You can watch this cartoon today on your computer. Just click below to start viewing "The Chain Gang" online now.
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about The Chain Gang? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!