Hillbilly HareHillbilly Hare (1950) - Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon Series
This page has been viewed 33 times this month, and 6104 times total.
- Merrie Melodies Theatrical Cartoon SeriesTheatricalSeriesCartoon
- Traditional Animation
- Warner Bros. Cartoons, Inc.
- Distributed by: Warner Bros.
- Cartoon Characters: Bugs Bunny, Curt Martin, Pumpkinhead Martin.
- Voice Actors: Mel Blanc, John T. Smith.
- Directed By Robert McKimson.
- Produced By Edward Selzer.
- Animated By Rod Scribner, Phil DeLara, John Carey, Emery Hawkins, Charles McKimson.
- Written By Tedd Pierce.
- Music: Carl Stalling.
- Originally Released on August 12, 1950.
- Originally Released Theatrically.
- Running Time: 7:23 minutes.
- Production Number: 1130.
Bugs happily sings "I Like Mountain Music" while vacationing in the Ozarks until he meets Curt Martin pointing a rifle in his face. "Be ya' all a Martin or be ya' all a Coy rabbit?" Bugs replies, "My friends say I'm very coy!" Bugs gives the hillbilly a sob... (more)
Cartoon Production Information:
Mel Blanc reportedly contributed to the writing of the square dance sequence. Songs include:
- "Skip to My Lou" (Unknown-arr. Carl Stalling)
- "Turkey in the Straw" (Unknown-arr. Carl Stalling)
- "Square Dancin'" (Mel Blanc),... (more)
Watch Cartoon Video:
Submit Additional Information:
Do you have anything to add to this page? Have we made any mistakes... or do you have any additional information about Hillbilly Hare? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please send us a quick note with your additions or corrections to this page, and we will make the corrections as soon as possible!